Monday, July 25, 2016

starting up again

It's been three months since my last post. I had been feeling pretty down.

I always feel down. But this time it was pretty bad. Get up. Go to work. Do some lessons. Go home. Worry about money. Repeat.

It didn't help that the rainy season came at us in full force. The past few years it seemed like there were two weeks of on and off rain before the break. This year it was like pouring rain or drizzles for at least a month and a half.

In that short time, I discovered a huge amount of mold in my closets, on my shoes, bags, even on a small box and my plastic suitcase!
Most of the people I know here are no help with these kinds of things. They always laugh it off, which then stresses me even more.

I'm pretty sure I'm quite depressed, but I'm not sure what to do.

I know that I can't talk to anyone on an internet forum because most people give really lame, biting advice. Admittedly, I do the same.

No one to talk to? Find some friends.
No friends? Move back to America.

Job problems? Move back to America.
No money? Move back to America.
Issues? Deal.

It's really hard holding in stress and putting on a good face at work. It's hard when you can't go home and talk to someone about your work issues or cultural issues and get a solid answer. 

While I don't know how to get out of my rut, I do know that exercising is what makes me happy. After going out to exercise for the first time in months, I felt so much better. Now that Pokemon GO has be released here, I have another socially acceptable reason to wander around outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment