Sunday, April 3, 2016

Weightloss

I think I'm the only person that has gained weight since coming to Japan.
It's so frustrating seeing posts and articles written by people boasting about how the pounds melted off soon after they came to Japan.

I started at a lower weight and then gained. So, while I can understand somewhat that someone overweight would lose more weight than me by doing a similar amount of walking, it still pisses me off that I'm gaining weight.

Honestly, I do not think Japan is *that* great for staying in shape. Maybe that's adult life? I don't know. But, I do know that I move less here than I did back home. Thankfully, I love walking and getting out. I would love to get out to the gym more often, but the cost is too high for what I make per month. Advice about weight-loss doesn't help because I don't drink fraps everyday, nor do I eat fried or greasy foods.

Maybe my body is totally rejecting life in Japan. So frustrating.

/ today's rant

2 comments:

  1. Aw hang in there. I once gained 10 lbs in one month living off of conbini food and instant curry. It was a stressful time, but it happens. The ONLY way I have managed to lose weight here is cutting back on rice and cutting off the conbini. And honestly, I can't live like that.

    Now that the baby is getting bigger, it's getting harder to see past my belly and honestly, I didn't realize how much my self esteem was going to suffer from this. Becoming the heaviest you've ever been even for a baby is still scary, but I'm sure it just sounds selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh, thanks! You, too!
    I'm sure there are a lot of things that are way worse than a few extra pounds, and when I think about that I feel a bit foolish. I wish I could tell my body what to do and have it respond accordingly...

    ReplyDelete