Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

This is just a quick post.

I've been back home in the US for about 2 weeks and I'll be heading back to Japan in a few days. My mom and sister have both moved to very inconvenient areas transportation-wise.

Here are some observations:

- There are kairo in America and they are way more expensive than the ones in Japan. One individual kairo here is $1.60 vs five of the same size for 498yen!

- Laundry bags...the cloth ones with a zipper you can put delicate clothing in, are more expensive here, too. I've seen one for $5 at Marshalls, vs one for 108yen at Daiso.

- Prices seem more in line with Japan compared to when I moved to Japan in 2006.

- So many different flavors of Sprite at Wendy's!

- A touch panel drink machine at Wendy's!

- People are not nearly as fat as the internet would have you believe.

- Lots more Asian foods!

More to come later, if I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment