Friday, October 16, 2015

CoCo Ichi Doesn't Take Credit Cards

...alternate title would be "TIFU..." (today I fucked up).

I go to CoCo Ichi Curry for lunch about three days a week. I order the same thing everyday and pay with cash.

Today, I had only a few hundred yen, but went to CoCo Ichi as usual...assuming that I could pay with my credit card as I was sure I had before. 

Well. That wasn't the case. I tried to pay with my card and was met with "We don't take credit cards." I looked at the guy and he looked at me, and I said, "I don't have enough money. I could get some from the ATM."

I wasn't really sure what would happen. As it was, I had 15 minutes of my lunch break left and a long walk to my workplace. He asked for some ID and I passed him my gaijin card and gave him my phone number then took off running for the bank.
I get to the ATM and the line is long. I curse the fuckers and line and take off running for a conbini. Luckily, I was able to withdraw some cash and ran back to CoCo Ichi to pay and promptly ran back to work.

I don't know why a national chain restaurant is not set up to take credit card payments. Nearly shat myself right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment