Sunday, August 11, 2013

Earthqua--- Psyche!

Late afternoon.
A quiet office. Workers typing and clicking away.

When suddenly, a beeping sound...then another...then another...
Until the whole office is filled with beeps and buzzes of our cell phones alerting us to an earthquake. As the beeps died down, we all burst into laughter.

Before 3/11, earthquake alerts were...rare. At least, I never got one that I can remember. This is the third or fourth one I've gotten since then. The alert overrides your muted phone, which speaks to the importance and severity of the situation.

After checking my phone, I saw that there was an earthquake in Nara. And a coworker did a quick online search and saw that a 7 magnitude earthquake was reported. I did what any sane person would do and went to facebook to check on people in the area.

...And then...

Silence?

...And then...

False alarm!

Just kidding! LOLZ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment