Monday, July 8, 2013

Amazing Fourth of July

This past week was a roller coaster ride of emotions.

To make things short and sweet; a co-worker who had been sitting on his rage at me for a few months, used a small incident to get me fired. I was given papers on Wednesday and told that I could "agree" not to return the next day, or, I could fulfill the remainder of my contract, but it wouldn't be renewed due to "disrespect towards superiors, inability to get along with others" and some other BS.

I didn't request an investigation, though I did talk with a few people to give them my side. Basically, I went to work on Thursday (the 4th), resigned to my jobless fate. When, suddenly I was pulled aside late in the afternoon and told, "Let's start over and take back what happened yesterday."

The angry co-worker, as I thought, used his influence as someone with the company for years to  pull an ultimatum. This was all a lot of luck for me. I mean, I still have a job. Quite honestly, it's a one in a million thing. I can only be glad that the people at the company enjoy working with me enough that they would question someone who had been there longer than I.

So. *deep breath*

No comments:

Post a Comment