Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Review: My Beauty Diary

This doesn't exactly have anything to do with Japan, but who cares?

A few months ago, I happened to find the Taiwanese face masks My Beauty Diary at Matsumoto Kiyoshi (a Japanese Walgreens-like store). I've long heard of My Beauty Diary, and I was excited to find it in Japan. Until now, I've tried Korean face masks. 

The packaging is cute, but in a small box. I'm used to face masks coming in a larger package, so I was wondering what these would look like. Inside of the box were two masks in plastic wrapping. After opening the first package, I saw that the mask was folded with plastic on one side, and the cloth mask on the other.


My Beauty Diary selection :D

Compared to the Korean masks I've used so far, the Taiwanese one was thinner. It also molded to fit my face better. Usually, I have to fold over large parts of the mask, only to have the flaps open up or start to dry out. The liquid is also more smooth....runny(?) than the Korean ones I've used so far. I was lying in bed, but a lot of liquid was running down my neck. I'd recommend having a towel under your head, just in case.

The smell was pleasant (berry) and my skin felt soft and smooth after I took off the mask. The cost was about 300 yen for a box with two masks. Considering that 100 - 150 yen is what I pay for overpriced cheap Korean masks here, it's a good deal. I definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment